Instructor in the Department of Neurosurgery
Appointments and Affiliations
- Instructor in the Department of Neurosurgery
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- M.D. Harvard Medical School, 2009
My research lab focuses on using single-cell sequencing techniques to study intratumoral heterogeneity in malignant brain tumors. Intratumoral heterogeneity is the idea that individual cancer cells within a patient’s tumor are different and can respond differently to treatments. I also have an active interest in developing patient-specific models of disease where we can learn how an individual patient's tumor might respond differently than another. My ultimate goal is to further advance precision medicine approaches for malignant brain tumors, and ensure that patients are getting the right treatments for their specific tumors.
- Park, JH; Feroze, AH; Emerson, SN; Mihalas, AB; Keene, CD; Cimino, PJ; de Lomana, ALG; Kannan, K; Wu, W-J; Turkarslan, S; Baliga, NS; Patel, AP, A single-cell based precision medicine approach using glioblastoma patient-specific models., Npj Precis Oncol, vol 6 no. 1 (2022) [10.1038/s41698-022-00294-4] [abs].
- Rajesh, AE; Rubinstein, JT; Ferreira, M; Patel, AP; Bly, RA; Kohlberg, GD, Automated objective surgical planning for lateral skull base tumors., Int J Comput Assist Radiol Surg, vol 17 no. 3 (2022), pp. 427-436 [10.1007/s11548-022-02564-9] [abs].
- Kalmbach, BE; Hodge, RD; Jorstad, NL; Owen, S; de Frates, R; Yanny, AM; Dalley, R; Mallory, M; Graybuck, LT; Radaelli, C; Keene, CD; Gwinn, RP; Silbergeld, DL; Cobbs, C; Ojemann, JG; Ko, AL; Patel, AP; Ellenbogen, RG; Bakken, TE; Daigle, TL; Dee, N; Lee, BR; McGraw, M; Nicovich, PR; Smith, K; Sorensen, SA; Tasic, B; Zeng, H; Koch, C; Lein, ES; Ting, JT, Signature morpho-electric, transcriptomic, and dendritic properties of human layer 5 neocortical pyramidal neurons., Neuron, vol 109 no. 18 (2021), pp. 2914-2927.e5 [10.1016/j.neuron.2021.08.030] [abs].
- Park, JH; de Lomana, ALG; Marzese, DM; Juarez, T; Feroze, A; Hothi, P; Cobbs, C; Patel, AP; Kesari, S; Huang, S; Baliga, NS, A systems approach to brain tumor treatment, Cancers, vol 13 no. 13 (2021) [10.3390/cancers13133152] [abs].
- Wu, SJ; Furlan, SN; Mihalas, AB; Kaya-Okur, HS; Feroze, AH; Emerson, SN; Zheng, Y; Carson, K; Cimino, PJ; Keene, CD; Sarthy, JF; Gottardo, R; Ahmad, K; Henikoff, S; Patel, AP, Single-cell CUT&Tag analysis of chromatin modifications in differentiation and tumor progression., Nat Biotechnol, vol 39 no. 7 (2021), pp. 819-824 [10.1038/s41587-021-00865-z] [abs].