Professor in Surgery
Synthetic Virology & Gene Therapy
Appointments and Affiliations
- Professor in Surgery
- Director of Gene Therapy
- Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Professor of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology
- Affiliate of the Duke Regeneration Center
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill, 2004
- BME 493: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 494: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 791: Graduate Independent Study
- MGM 293: Research Independent Study I
- MGM 593: Research Independent Study
- Konkimalla, A; Konishi, S; Kobayashi, Y; Kadur Lakshminarasimha Murthy, P; Macadlo, L; Mukherjee, A; Elmore, Z; Kim, S-J; Pendergast, AM; Lee, PJ; Asokan, A; Knudsen, L; Bravo-Cordero, JJ; Tata, A; Tata, PR, Multi-apical polarity of alveolar stem cells and their dynamics during lung development and regeneration., Iscience, vol 25 no. 10 (2022) [10.1016/j.isci.2022.105114] [abs].
- Gonzalez, TJ; Simon, KE; Blondel, LO; Fanous, MM; Roger, AL; Maysonet, MS; Devlin, GW; Smith, TJ; Oh, DK; Havlik, LP; Castellanos Rivera, RM; Piedrahita, JA; ElMallah, MK; Gersbach, CA; Asokan, A, Cross-species evolution of a highly potent AAV variant for therapeutic gene transfer and genome editing., Nature Communications, vol 13 no. 1 (2022) [10.1038/s41467-022-33745-4] [abs].
- Das, A; Vijayan, M; Walton, EM; Stafford, VG; Fiflis, DN; Asokan, A, Epigenetic Silencing of Recombinant Adeno-associated Virus Genomes by NP220 and the HUSH Complex., J Virol, vol 96 no. 4 (2022) [10.1128/JVI.02039-21] [abs].
- Emmanuel, SN; Smith, JK; Hsi, J; Tseng, Y-S; Kaplan, M; Mietzsch, M; Chipman, P; Asokan, A; McKenna, R; Agbandje-McKenna, M, Structurally Mapping Antigenic Epitopes of Adeno-associated Virus 9: Development of Antibody Escape Variants., J Virol, vol 96 no. 3 (2022) [10.1128/JVI.01251-21] [abs].
- Kesseli, SJ; Krischak, MK; Gao, Q; Gonzalez, T; Zhang, M; Halpern, SE; Kahan, R; Song, M; Huffman, N; Xu, H; Abraham, N; Asokan, A; Barbas, AS; Hartwig, MG, Adeno-associated virus mediates gene transduction after static cold storage treatment in rodent lung transplantation, The Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery (2022) [10.1016/j.jtcvs.2022.08.050] [abs].