Purushothama Rao Tata
Assistant Professor of Cell Biology
Lung stem cells
Single Cell Biology
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor of Cell Biology
- Assistant Professor in Medicine
- Member of the Duke Cancer Institute
- Affiliate of the Duke Regeneration Center
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. University of Ulm (Germany), 2011
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- Rising Star Award. International Society for Regenerative Biology. 2022
- Whitehead Scholar Award. Duke University School of Medicine. 2016
- NIH K99-Pathways to Independence Award. National Institutes of Health. 2015
- The Fund for Medical Discovery (FMD) Research Award. Massachusetts General Hospital. 2014
- CELLBIO 493: Research Independent Study
- CELLBIO 730: Stem Cell Course
- CMB 710D: Cell & Molecular Biology Module IV
- MOLCAN 730: Stem Cell Course
- PHARM 730: Stem Cell Course
In the News
- Tata to Receive International Society for Regenerative Biology Rising Star Award (Jul 20, 2022)
- NIH-Directors blog- Mini-Lungs in a Lab Dish Mimic Early COVID-19 Infection (Nov 19, 2020 | NIH-Directors blog)
- Lab-Grown Mini-Lungs Mimic the Real Thing – Right Down to Covid Infection (Oct 22, 2020)
- SARS-CoV-2 Targets Many Cell Types, Analysis of Single-Cell Data Suggests (May 11, 2020 | www.hhmi.org)
- Scientists Find Stomach Cells In Lung Cancer (Mar 26, 2018)
- Purushothama Tata: So Many Ideas, So Little Time (Oct 2, 2016)
- Ide, S; Ide, K; Abe, K; Kobayashi, Y; Kitai, H; McKey, J; Strausser, SA; O'Brien, LL; Tata, A; Tata, PR; Souma, T, Sex differences in resilience to ferroptosis underlie sexual dimorphism in kidney injury and repair., Cell Reports, vol 41 no. 6 (2022) [10.1016/j.celrep.2022.111610] [abs].
- Yaron, TM; Heaton, BE; Levy, TM; Johnson, JL; Jordan, TX; Cohen, BM; Kerelsky, A; Lin, T-Y; Liberatore, KM; Bulaon, DK; Van Nest, SJ; Koundouros, N; Kastenhuber, ER; Mercadante, MN; Shobana-Ganesh, K; He, L; Schwartz, RE; Chen, S; Weinstein, H; Elemento, O; Piskounova, E; Nilsson-Payant, BE; Lee, G; Trimarco, JD; Burke, KN; Hamele, CE; Chaparian, RR; Harding, AT; Tata, A; Zhu, X; Tata, PR; Smith, CM; Possemato, AP; Tkachev, SL; Hornbeck, PV; Beausoleil, SA; Anand, SK; Aguet, F; Getz, G; Davidson, AD; Heesom, K; Kavanagh-Williamson, M; Matthews, DA; tenOever, BR; Cantley, LC; Blenis, J; Heaton, NS, Host protein kinases required for SARS-CoV-2 nucleocapsid phosphorylation and viral replication., Sci Signal, vol 15 no. 757 (2022) [10.1126/scisignal.abm0808] [abs].
- Konkimalla, A; Konishi, S; Kobayashi, Y; Kadur Lakshminarasimha Murthy, P; Macadlo, L; Mukherjee, A; Elmore, Z; Kim, S-J; Pendergast, AM; Lee, PJ; Asokan, A; Knudsen, L; Bravo-Cordero, JJ; Tata, A; Tata, PR, Multi-apical polarity of alveolar stem cells and their dynamics during lung development and regeneration., Iscience, vol 25 no. 10 (2022) [10.1016/j.isci.2022.105114] [abs].
- Konkimalla, A; Tata, A; Tata, PR, Lung Regeneration: Cells, Models, and Mechanisms., Cold Spring Harbor Perspectives in Biology, vol 14 no. 10 (2022) [10.1101/cshperspect.a040873] [abs].
- Caetano, AJ; Human Cell Atlas Oral and Craniofacial Bionetwork, ; Sequeira, I; Byrd, KM, A Roadmap for the Human Oral and Craniofacial Cell Atlas., J Dent Res, vol 101 no. 11 (2022), pp. 1274-1288 [10.1177/00220345221110768] [abs].