Kris Cameron Wood
Associate Professor of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology
- Associate Professor of Cell Biology
- Core Faculty in Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Member of the Duke Cancer Institute
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2007
- B.S. University of Kentucky, 2002
- CMB 710B: Cell & Molecular Biology Module II
- CMB 710E: Cell & Molecular Biology Module V
- MOLCAN 818: Molecular Mechanisms of Oncogenesis
- PHARM 393: Research Independent Study
- PHARM 394: Research Independent Study
- PHARM 493: Research Independent Study
- PHARM 494: Research Independent Study
- PHARM 495: Research Independent Study
- PHARM 818: Molecular Mechanisms of Oncogenesis
- UPGEN 778A: University Program in Genetics and Genomics Biological Solutions Module I
In the News
- Locking Leukemia's Cellular Escape Hatch (Jun 7, 2022 | Pratt)
- Cancer Repair Mechanism Could Be Potential Drug Target (Mar 31, 2022 | Duke Health News)
- Cancer Therapy Using Genetic Targeting and Gel Delivery Shows Promise (Sep 16, 2019 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- From Innovation to Impact (Oct 3, 2018 | Duke Med Alumni News)
- Faculty Startup Sold to Belgian Pharma for $30 Million (Apr 9, 2018)
- Why Do Perfectly Good Cancer Treatments Suddenly Stop Working? (Oct 25, 2017 | Duke Cancer Institute)
- The Challenges of Combating Cancer Drug Resistance (Nov 19, 2015 | Duke Research Blog)
- Researchers Map Paths to Cancer Drug Resistance (Jan 5, 2015)
- Goodwin, CM; Waters, AM; Klomp, JE; Javaid, S; Bryant, KL; Stalnecker, CA; Drizyte-Miller, K; Papke, B; Yang, R; Amparo, AM; Ozkan-Dagliyan, I; Baldelli, E; Calvert, V; Pierobon, M; Sorrentino, JA; Beelen, AP; Bublitz, N; Lüthen, M; Wood, KC; Petricoin, EF; Sers, C; McRee, AJ; Cox, AD; Der, CJ, Combination Therapies with CDK4/6 Inhibitors to Treat KRAS-mutant Pancreatic Cancer., Cancer Res (2022) [10.1158/0008-5472.CAN-22-0391] [abs].
- Wood, KC; Gutkind, JS, Challenges and Emerging Opportunities for Targeting mTOR in Cancer., Cancer Research, vol 82 no. 21 (2022), pp. 3884-3887 [10.1158/0008-5472.can-22-0602] [abs].
- Lidsky, ME; Wang, Z; Lu, M; Liu, A; Hsu, SD; McCall, SJ; Sheng, Z; Granek, JA; Owzar, K; Anderson, KS; Wood, KC, Leveraging patient derived models of FGFR2 fusion positive intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma to identify synergistic therapies., Npj Precis Oncol, vol 6 no. 1 (2022) [10.1038/s41698-022-00320-5] [abs].
- Kishton, RJ; Patel, SJ; Decker, AE; Vodnala, SK; Cam, M; Yamamoto, TN; Patel, Y; Sukumar, M; Yu, Z; Ji, M; Henning, AN; Gurusamy, D; Palmer, DC; Stefanescu, RA; Girvin, AT; Lo, W; Pasetto, A; Malekzadeh, P; Deniger, DC; Wood, KC; Sanjana, NE; Restifo, NP, Cancer genes disfavoring T cell immunity identified via integrated systems approach., Cell Reports, vol 40 no. 5 (2022) [10.1016/j.celrep.2022.111153] [abs].
- Lin, KH; Rutter, JC; Xie, A; Killarney, ST; Vaganay, C; Benaksas, C; Ling, F; Sodaro, G; Meslin, P-A; Bassil, CF; Fenouille, N; Hoj, J; Washart, R; Ang, HX; Cerda-Smith, C; Chaintreuil, P; Jacquel, A; Auberger, P; Forget, A; Itzykson, R; Lu, M; Lin, J; Pierobon, M; Sheng, Z; Li, X; Chilkoti, A; Owzar, K; Rizzieri, DA; Pardee, TS; Benajiba, L; Petricoin, E; Puissant, A; Wood, KC, P2RY2-AKT activation is a therapeutically actionable consequence of XPO1 inhibition in acute myeloid leukemia., Nature Cancer, vol 3 no. 7 (2022), pp. 837-851 [10.1038/s43018-022-00394-x] [abs].