Kris Cameron Wood
Associate Professor of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology
- Core Faculty in Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Member of the Duke Cancer Institute
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2007
- B.S. University of Kentucky, 2002
- CMB 710B: Cell & Molecular Biology Module II
- CMB 710E: Cell & Molecular Biology Module V
- MOLCAN 818: Molecular Mechanisms of Oncogenesis
- PHARM 393: Research Independent Study
- PHARM 394: Research Independent Study
- PHARM 493: Research Independent Study
- PHARM 494: Research Independent Study
- PHARM 495: Research Independent Study
- PHARM 818: Molecular Mechanisms of Oncogenesis
- UPGEN 778A: University Program in Genetics and Genomics Biological Solutions Module I
In the News
- Locking Leukemia's Cellular Escape Hatch (Jun 7, 2022 | Pratt)
- Cancer Repair Mechanism Could Be Potential Drug Target (Mar 31, 2022 | Duke Health News)
- Cancer Therapy Using Genetic Targeting and Gel Delivery Shows Promise (Sep 16, 2019 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- From Innovation to Impact (Oct 3, 2018 | Duke Med Alumni News)
- Faculty Startup Sold to Belgian Pharma for $30 Million (Apr 9, 2018)
- Why Do Perfectly Good Cancer Treatments Suddenly Stop Working? (Oct 25, 2017 | Duke Cancer Institute)
- The Challenges of Combating Cancer Drug Resistance (Nov 19, 2015 | Duke Research Blog)
- Researchers Map Paths to Cancer Drug Resistance (Jan 5, 2015)
- Lin, KH; Rutter, JC; Xie, A; Killarney, ST; Vaganay, C; Benaksas, C; Ling, F; Sodaro, G; Meslin, P-A; Bassil, CF; Fenouille, N; Hoj, J; Washart, R; Ang, HX; Cerda-Smith, C; Chaintreuil, P; Jacquel, A; Auberger, P; Forget, A; Itzykson, R; Lu, M; Lin, J; Pierobon, M; Sheng, Z; Li, X; Chilkoti, A; Owzar, K; Rizzieri, DA; Pardee, TS; Benajiba, L; Petricoin, E; Puissant, A; Wood, KC, P2RY2-AKT activation is a therapeutically actionable consequence of XPO1 inhibition in acute myeloid leukemia., Nature Cancer (2022) [10.1038/s43018-022-00394-x] [abs].
- Wood, KC, Drivers of intrinsic resistance., Nat Chem Biol, vol 18 no. 6 (2022), pp. 579-581 [10.1038/s41589-022-00980-1] [abs].
- Zhong, Z; Harmston, N; Wood, KC; Madan, B; Virshup, DM, A p300/GATA6 axis determines differentiation and Wnt dependency in pancreatic cancer models., The Journal of Clinical Investigation, vol 132 no. 12 (2022) [10.1172/jci156305] [abs].
- Javaid, S; Schaefer, A; Goodwin, CM; Nguyen, VV; Massey, FL; Pierobon, M; Gambrell-Sanders, D; Waters, AM; Lambert, KN; Diehl, JN; Hobbs, GA; Wood, KC; Petricoin, EF; Der, CJ; Cox, AD, Concurrent Inhibition of ERK and Farnesyltransferase Suppresses the Growth of HRAS Mutant Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma., Mol Cancer Ther, vol 21 no. 5 (2022), pp. 762-774 [10.1158/1535-7163.MCT-21-0142] [abs].
- Ali, M; Lu, M; Ang, HX; Soderquist, RS; Eyler, CE; Hutchinson, HM; Glass, C; Bassil, CF; Lopez, OM; Kerr, DL; Falcon, CJ; Yu, HA; Hata, AN; Blakely, CM; McCoach, CE; Bivona, TG; Wood, KC, Small-molecule targeted therapies induce dependence on DNA double-strand break repair in residual tumor cells., Sci Transl Med, vol 14 no. 638 (2022) [10.1126/scitranslmed.abc7480] [abs].