Alexander J. Hartemink
Professor in the Department of Computer Science
Computational biology, machine learning, Bayesian statistics, transcriptional regulation, genomics and epigenomics, graphical models, Bayesian networks, hidden Markov models, systems biology, computational neurobiology, classification, feature selection
Appointments and Affiliations
- Professor in the Department of Computer Science
- Professor of Biology
- Bass Fellow
- Office Location: 308 Research Drive, LSRC D239, Durham, NC 27708-0129
- Office Phone: (919) 660-6514
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2001
- M.Phil. University of Oxford (United Kingdom), 1996
- B.S. Duke University, 1994
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- Sloan Research Fellowship-Molecular Biology. Alfred P. Sloan Foundation. 2005
- Faculty Early Career Development (CAREER) Program. National Science Foundation. 2004
- COMPSCI 260: Introduction to Computational Genomics
- COMPSCI 391: Independent Study
- COMPSCI 393: Research Independent Study
- COMPSCI 394: Research Independent Study
- ETHICS 89S: Special Topic: First-Year Seminar in Ethics
- ETHICS 291: Independent Study
In the News
- Babs Wise: Paving the Road to a Rhodes (Jan 10, 2022)
- 12 Duke Graduates Named Fulbright Scholars (Feb 22, 2016)
- Genomics Team Wins $5.9 Million Grant (Jan 6, 2015)
- Genes Tell Story of Birdsong and Human Speech (Dec 10, 2014)
- Duke Announces Reorganization of Genome Sciences (Mar 24, 2014)
- Luo, K; Zhong, J; Safi, A; Hong, LK; Tewari, AK; Song, L; Reddy, TE; Ma, L; Crawford, GE; Hartemink, AJ, Profiling the quantitative occupancy of myriad transcription factors across conditions by modeling chromatin accessibility data., Genome Res, vol 32 no. 6 (2022), pp. 1183-1198 [10.1101/gr.272203.120] [abs].
- Li, Y; Hartemink, AJ; MacAlpine, DM, Cell-Cycle-Dependent Chromatin Dynamics at Replication Origins., Genes, vol 12 no. 12 (2021) [10.3390/genes12121998] [abs].
- Li, Y; Hartemink, AJ; MacAlpine, DM, Cell cycle-dependent chromatin dynamics at replication origins (2021) [10.1101/2021.11.15.468728] [abs].
- Mitra, S; Zhong, J; Tran, TQ; MacAlpine, DM; Hartemink, AJ, RoboCOP: jointly computing chromatin occupancy profiles for numerous factors from chromatin accessibility data., Nucleic Acids Res, vol 49 no. 14 (2021), pp. 7925-7938 [10.1093/nar/gkab553] [abs].
- Tran, TQ; MacAlpine, HK; Tripuraneni, V; Mitra, S; MacAlpine, DM; Hartemink, AJ, Linking the dynamics of chromatin occupancy and transcription with predictive models., Genome Res, vol 31 no. 6 (2021), pp. 1035-1046 [10.1101/gr.267237.120] [abs].