Anne Elizabeth West
Professor of Neurobiology
The long term goal of our laboratory is to understand at a cellular/molecular level how neuronal activity regulates the formation and maturation of synapses during brain development, and ultimately to use genetic model systems to understand how defects in this developmental process lead to cognitive dysfunction.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Professor of Neurobiology
- Professor of Cell Biology
- Faculty Network Member of the Duke Institute for Brain Sciences
- Member of the Duke Cancer Institute
- Office Location: Bryan Research Building, 311 Research Drive Room 301D, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 681-1909
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. Harvard University , 1998
- M.D. Harvard University , 1998
- B.A. Cornell University, 1989
- NEUROBIO 393: Research Independent Study
- NEUROBIO 719: Concepts in Neuroscience I: Cellular and Molecular Neurobiology
- NEUROBIO 726S: Neurobiology Journal Club
- NEUROBIO 793: Research in Neurobiology
- NEUROSCI 493: Research Independent Study 1
- NEUROSCI 494: Research Independent Study 2
- NEUROSCI 495: Research Independent Study 3
In the News
- Two New Transgenic Mouse Lines Will Enable Innovative Studies Into Gene Regulation (Aug 3, 2021 | Center for Advanced Genomic Technologies)
- Genes Tell Story of Birdsong and Human Speech (Dec 10, 2014)
- Tremblay, MW; Green, MV; Goldstein, BM; Aldridge, AI; Rosenfeld, JA; Streff, H; Tan, WD; Craigen, W; Bekheirnia, N; Al Tala, S; West, AE; Jiang, Y-H, Mutations of the histone linker H1-4 in neurodevelopmental disorders and functional characterization of neurons expressing C-terminus frameshift mutant H1.4., Hum Mol Genet, vol 31 no. 9 (2022), pp. 1430-1442 [10.1093/hmg/ddab321] [abs].
- Gallegos, DA; Minto, M; Liu, F; Hazlett, MF; Aryana Yousefzadeh, S; Bartelt, LC; West, AE, Cell-type specific transcriptional adaptations of nucleus accumbens interneurons to amphetamine., Mol Psychiatry (2022) [10.1038/s41380-022-01466-1] [abs].
- Gemberling, MP; Siklenka, K; Rodriguez, E; Tonn-Eisinger, KR; Barrera, A; Liu, F; Kantor, A; Li, L; Cigliola, V; Hazlett, MF; Williams, CA; Bartelt, LC; Madigan, VJ; Bodle, JC; Daniels, H; Rouse, DC; Hilton, IB; Asokan, A; Ciofani, M; Poss, KD; Reddy, TE; West, AE; Gersbach, CA, Transgenic mice for in vivo epigenome editing with CRISPR-based systems., Nat Methods, vol 18 no. 8 (2021), pp. 965-974 [10.1038/s41592-021-01207-2] [abs].
- Chan, U; Gautam, D; West, AE, Utilizing In Vivo Postnatal Electroporation to Study Cerebellar Granule Neuron Morphology and Synapse Development., Journal of Visualized Experiments : Jove no. 172 (2021) [10.3791/62568] [abs].
- Green, MV; West, AE, TRPing into excitotoxic neuronal death., Cell Calcium, vol 93 (2021) [10.1016/j.ceca.2020.102331] [abs].