Professor in Surgery
Synthetic Virology & Gene Therapy
Appointments and Affiliations
- Professor in Surgery
- Director of Gene Therapy
- Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Professor of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology
- Affiliate of the Duke Regeneration Center
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill, 2004
- BME 493: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 791: Graduate Independent Study
- MGM 293: Research Independent Study I
- MGM 593: Research Independent Study
- Das, A; Vijayan, M; Walton, EM; Stafford, VG; Fiflis, DN; Asokan, A, Epigenetic Silencing of Recombinant Adeno-associated Virus Genomes by NP220 and the HUSH Complex., J Virol, vol 96 no. 4 (2022) [10.1128/JVI.02039-21] [abs].
- Emmanuel, SN; Smith, JK; Hsi, J; Tseng, Y-S; Kaplan, M; Mietzsch, M; Chipman, P; Asokan, A; McKenna, R; Agbandje-McKenna, M, Structurally Mapping Antigenic Epitopes of Adeno-associated Virus 9: Development of Antibody Escape Variants., J Virol, vol 96 no. 3 (2022) [10.1128/JVI.01251-21] [abs].
- Kesseli, S; Krischak, M; Gao, Q; Halpern, S; Zhang, M; Abraham, N; Kahan, R; Gonzalez, T; Song, M; Asokan, A; Hartwig, M; Barbas, A, Adeno-associated virus 9 mediates gene transduction during static cold storage in rodent liver transplantation, American Journal of Transplantation : Official Journal of the American Society of Transplantation and the American Society of Transplant Surgeons, vol 22 (2022), pp. 67-67 [abs].
- Vekstein, AM; Wendell, DC; DeLuca, S; Yan, R; Chen, Y; Bishawi, M; Devlin, GW; Asokan, A; Poss, KD; Bowles, DE; Williams, AR; Bursac, N, Targeted Delivery for Cardiac Regeneration: Comparison of Intra-coronary Infusion and Intra-myocardial Injection in Porcine Hearts., Frontiers in Cardiovascular Medicine, vol 9 (2022) [10.3389/fcvm.2022.833335] [abs].
- Vekstein, AM; Wendell, DC; Bowles, DE; DeLuca, S; Yan, R; Bishawi, M; Devlin, G; Asokan, A; Poss, KD; Bursac, N; Williams, AR, Targeted Intra-Coronary Delivery versus Intra-Myocardial Injection of Therapeutics for Myocardial Recovery: A Nanoparticle Image Guided Porcine Study, Circulation, vol 144 (2021) [abs].