Scott Haydn Soderling
George Barth Geller Distinguished Professor of Molecular Biology
Appointments and Affiliations
- George Barth Geller Distinguished Professor of Molecular Biology
- Professor in Cell Biology
- Chair, Department of Cell Biology
- Professor of Neurobiology
- Faculty Network Member of the Duke Institute for Brain Sciences
- Member of the Duke Cancer Institute
- Office Location: Nanaline Duke Bldg, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 684-8085
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oregon Health and Science University, 2005
- Ph.D. University of Washington, 1999
- CELLBIO 493: Research Independent Study
- CELLBIO 710: Papers and Grant Writing Workshop
- CMB 710D: Cell & Molecular Biology Module IV
- MOLCAN 710: Papers and Grant Writing Workshop
- NEUROBIO 393: Research Independent Study
- NEUROBIO 710: Papers and Grant Writing Workshop
- NEUROBIO 793: Research in Neurobiology
- NEUROSCI 493: Research Independent Study 1
- PHARM 710: Papers and Grant Writing Workshop
In the News
- Astrocytes Identified as Master ‘Conductors’ of the Brain (Nov 12, 2020)
- Duke Awards 29 University Distinguished Professorships (Apr 14, 2020)
- Allen Song Named Interim Director of Brain Institute (Jun 26, 2015)
- Schizophrenia's secrets begin to unravel (May 5, 2015 | Los Angeles Times)
- Scientists Reconcile Three Unrelated Theories of Schizophrenia (May 1, 2015)
- Study Pinpoints Autism-Linked Protein for Sculpting Brain Connections (Jan 6, 2015)
- O'Neil, SD; Rácz, B; Brown, WE; Gao, Y; Soderblom, EJ; Yasuda, R; Soderling, SH, Action potential-coupled Rho GTPase signaling drives presynaptic plasticity., Elife, vol 10 (2021) [10.7554/elife.63756] [abs].
- Takano, T; Soderling, SH, Tripartite synaptomics: Cell-surface proximity labeling in vivo., Neurosci Res (2021) [10.1016/j.neures.2021.05.002] [abs].
- Black, JB; McCutcheon, SR; Dube, S; Barrera, A; Klann, TS; Rice, GA; Adkar, SS; Soderling, SH; Reddy, TE; Gersbach, CA, Master Regulators and Cofactors of Human Neuronal Cell Fate Specification Identified by CRISPR Gene Activation Screens., Cell Reports, vol 33 no. 9 (2020) [10.1016/j.celrep.2020.108460] [abs].
- Takano, T; Wallace, JT; Baldwin, KT; Purkey, AM; Uezu, A; Courtland, JL; Soderblom, EJ; Shimogori, T; Maness, PF; Eroglu, C; Soderling, SH, Chemico-genetic discovery of astrocytic control of inhibition in vivo., Nature, vol 588 no. 7837 (2020), pp. 296-302 [10.1038/s41586-020-2926-0] [abs].
- Kim, IH; Kim, N; Kim, S; Toda, K; Catavero, CM; Courtland, JL; Yin, HH; Soderling, SH, Dysregulation of the Synaptic Cytoskeleton in the PFC Drives Neural Circuit Pathology, Leading to Social Dysfunction., Cell Reports, vol 32 no. 4 (2020) [10.1016/j.celrep.2020.107965] [abs].