Svati Hasmukh Shah
Professor of Medicine
Appointments and Affiliations
- Professor of Medicine
- Professor of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics
- Member in the Duke Clinical Research Institute
- Member of Duke Molecular Physiology Institute
- Office Location: DUMC Box 3445, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 684-1808
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Duke University, 2005
- Children's Hospital Boston, 2001
- M.D. University of Washington, 1998
- M.H.S. Johns Hopkins University, 1994
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- Judson Daland Prize. American Philosophical Society. 2011
In the News
- Duke Kannapolis Data Tool Quickly Connects Researchers to the Populations They Need (Oct 24, 2022 | Duke Clinical and Translational Science Institute)
- The Future of Duke Kannapolis Includes New Projects and Collaborations (Oct 6, 2022 | Duke Clinical and Translational Institute)
- President Price Applauds Research, Innovation at Duke Kannapolis Campus (Sep 8, 2022 | Duke Clinical and Translational Institute)
- Partner With Purpose: Duke Kannapolis Strengthens University’s Research Mission Across North Carolina (Sep 7, 2022)
- Asking New Questions in the Fight Against Childhood Obesity (Jun 1, 2021 | School of Medicine Magnify)
- Cellular stress process identified in cardiovascular disease (Nov 6, 2015)
- Global Research, Domestic Benefits (Jan 13, 2014)
- Karády, J; Ferencik, M; Mayrhofer, T; Meyersohn, NM; Bittner, DO; Staziaki, PV; Szilveszter, B; Hallett, TR; Lu, MT; Puchner, SB; Simon, TG; Foldyna, B; Ginsburg, GS; McGarrah, RW; Voora, D; Shah, SH; Douglas, PS; Hoffmann, U; Corey, KE, Risk factors for cardiovascular disease among individuals with hepatic steatosis., Hepatology Communications, vol 6 no. 12 (2022), pp. 3406-3420 [10.1002/hep4.2090] [abs].
- Regan, JA; Truby, LK; Tahir, UA; Katz, DH; Nguyen, M; Kwee, LC; Deng, S; Wilson, JG; Mentz, RJ; Kraus, WE; Hernandez, AF; Gerszten, RE; Peterson, ED; Holman, RR; Shah, SH, Protein biomarkers of cardiac remodeling and inflammation associated with HFpEF and incident events., Scientific Reports, vol 12 no. 1 (2022) [10.1038/s41598-022-24226-1] [abs].
- Nunes, JC; Carroll, MK; Mahaffey, KW; Califf, RM; Doraiswamy, PM; Short, S; Shah, SH; Swope, S; Williams, D; Hernandez, AF; Hong, DS, General Anxiety Disorder-7 Questionnaire as a marker of low socioeconomic status and inequity., J Affect Disord, vol 317 (2022), pp. 287-297 [10.1016/j.jad.2022.08.085] [abs].
- Felker, GM; Sharma, A; Mentz, RJ; She, L; Green, CL; Granger, BB; Heitner, JF; Cooper, L; Teuteberg, J; Grodin, JL; Rosenfield, K; Hudson, L; Kwee, LC; Ilkayeva, O; Shah, SH, A Randomized Controlled Trial of Mobile Health Intervention in Patients With Heart Failure and Diabetes., Journal of Cardiac Failure, vol 28 no. 11 (2022), pp. 1575-1583 [10.1016/j.cardfail.2022.07.048] [abs].
- Shah, SJ; Butler, J; Shah, SH; Kamphaus, TN; Sachdev, V, Accelerating therapeutic discoveries for heart failure: a new public-private partnership., Nat Rev Drug Discov, vol 21 no. 11 (2022), pp. 781-782 [10.1038/d41573-022-00158-3] [abs].